About this Lab
SMK’s Digital Trends Labs are quarterly FREE events for marketing communications professionals, agencies, not-for-profits and brands looking to stay at the forefront of digital disruption and marketing innovation.
Digital Trends Labs delve into the latest data and performance insights from the major digital platforms, unpicking platform and behavioural trends, and identifying underexploited marketing and communications opportunities.
November’s 2021 Digital Trends Lab explored how digital strategy is evolving in light of COVID-19, and why a combination of platform updates, user quirks and even government regulation will change the game in 2021:
- Why digital ad performance could nosedive
- Why privacy regulations will slam ad targeting and evaluation
- How and why social attention is fragmenting
- Pockets of untapped organic reach
- Why niche platforms need to be on everyone’s radar
- Why earthy and authentic content tops slick and overly polished
- How and where social video performance might bounce back
- Why growing ad automation is triggering advertisers
- New eCommerce features across Search & Social
- How “good” influencers can have their best year ever
Digital Trends Labs are facilitated by SMK’s Executive Director of Programming, James Fitzgerald.
James is one of the world’s leading digital marketing educators and analysts, having trained more than 15,000 senior decision-makers from the world’s largest organisations, brands and agencies.