Meta Advantage is designed to help advertisers use AI and automation to maximise the performance of adverts.
Well, now Meta had added Advantage+ to help brands automate an entire campaign type.
“Through Advantage+ solutions, advertisers can tap into the power of AI to provide more relevant campaigns to the people who matter most to their businesses.”
What improvements has Meta made to its Advantage+ suite?
The most exciting improvement Meta has made to Advantage+ is its shopping campaign. eCommerce brands should take notice of this, as it will help automate up to 150 creative combinations at once, and let marketers learn what ads are working while making the most of their budget.
In short, it can be used to optimise the full process of a shopping campaign. Advantage+ will take care of ad creative, targeting, ad placement, budget and any other parameters.
“Businesses today use and test a whole variety of different strategies and creative to ensure they get the best ROI. What this (Advantage+ Shopping) does is help advertisers get smarter faster about which campaigns are actually converting by eliminating the manual steps of ad creation.”
AI is a big focus for Meta right now and the company plans to use it to help boost its ad empire by minimising the amount of personal data it holds while maximising the number of relevant, personalised ads it can show.
Advantage+ shopping campaigns
“Advantage+ shopping campaigns tool gives advertisers new ways to optimize campaigns. Advantage+ shopping campaigns uses AI to automate the campaign creation process and is powered by new machine learning models.”
The advantage with Advantage+
In a small study of 15 A/B tests, it appears that Advantage+ shopping campaigns are working well. Meta discovered that they had a 12% lower cost-per-purchase conversion compared to normal ads, which allowed marketers to reinvest savings in other customer acquisition channels. But we warned, it is a small study so you may not experience the same results.
Prose, a custom hair care company, used Advantage+ to great success.
“With Meta Advantage+ shopping campaigns, we are able to grow our business by automating our targeting and campaign creative with less manual setup, which freed up time to focus on other areas of our business.”
Lifestyle brand Rothy’s also had some nice things to say about automation.
“Meta’s Advantage+ shopping campaigns has exceeded our growth efficiency targets. After several rounds of testing, we’ve been able to achieve greater performance output at scale to acquire and re-engage with existing customers by using less manual inputs and leaning into the product’s machine learning and automation.”
Meta is bringing automation to small businesses
The good thing about Advantage+ is those small businesses will be able to use it to create ads through a Facebook Page. For the overworked marketers, being able to access tools that save time and return better results will seem like a gift from heaven.
There are two ways this can be done:
- Advantage+ creative adjusts ad creative for each person who views your ad, so they get shown the version they’re most likely to respond to – delivering better ad performance for you.
- Advantage audience creates a personalised audience based on your Page details and adjusts over time to help you reach more relevant people with your ad.
There’s more to come
There are also a bunch of other updates to Advantage+ that marketers and advertisers could find useful.
- Advantage+ app campaigns do exactly what it says on the tin as it helps advertisers increase the performance of app install campaigns. Marketers will have more creative flexibility with asset pairing and improved stability. Seven-day click attribution capabilities improve performance for campaigns with longer conversion windows, while split testing helps advertisers hone in on the most effective strategies.
- Advantage+ creative gives advertisers more options to optimise a creative in Ads Manager. By uploading an image or video for a campaign, advertisers can create multiple versions of the same ad that will be optimised for what the viewer is most likely to respond to. A new optimisation that will add music to image-based ads is being tested.
- Shops as a destination for Advantage+ shopping campaigns are coming soon for U.S businesses. It will let a checkout-enabled Shop to add their Shop as a destination for Advantage+ shopping campaigns. AI will then direct people to the Shop or the seller’s website based on which has the highest likelihood of a transaction.