Online Influencers have emerged as one of the most powerful allies for marketers to grow online acquisition.
With ad blocking stats reaching a cost of US$41.4 billion in 2016, it comes as no surprise that Influencer Marketing is receiving greater investments than display.
How to run a successful Influencer Marketing Campaign
Before you embrak on an Influencer Marketing campaign, keep in mind the following tips.
- Set your goals: what do you want to achieve? Why are you partnering with an influencer? Who do you want to target and why? Which message do you want to send? Critically, how will you measure success?
- Choose an Influencer that resonates with your target market and ensure your brand aligns with the Influencer’s overall voice, objectives and followers.
- Be transparent about your expectations: do you want to drive traffic to a website, spark engagement or generate sales?
- Be prepared to give up control on content. Influencers will represent brands in a way that resonates with their audience.
- Track results. It’s important to measure the efficiency of your campaign. There are five metrics to pay attention to: Impressions, Engagement, Conversion, Brand Mentions and, Content Quality.
Recently, Online Circle Digital has teamed up with General Assembly Melbourne to present a panel discussion about Online Influencers. You can watch the video here.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Lucio Ribeiro, is a co-founder and lead strategist of specialised Social Media agency Online Circle Digital where he works with large and medium size brands in developing their digital marketing strategy and execution. He is considered a thought leader on digital marketing authoring articles in digital innovation and social media strategy, speaking in seminars and judging global awards.