Pinterest has released the latest numbers regarding online shopping through their popular hobby-centred app.
90% of weekly users purchased online
Inspiring images and personalised recommendations are being sited as Pinterest’s main success when it comes to the app’s purchase influence.
Having surveyed over 4000 weekly Pinners, it's clear that Pinterest is shaping which products are being bought, brand loyalty, and the amount willing to be spent.
Pins from official brands have been classified as useful by more than 78%, with many using Pinterest lists in-store to verify purchase decisions.
Advertisers getting Pinterest(ed)
New ad campaigns are reaching consumers with greater success with numbers such as:
- 60% of consumers getting their ideas to buy thanks to Pinterest.
- 72% saying Pinterest inspired them to shop when they weren’t intending to.
- 70% discovering completely new products.
- 90% of Pinners saying the app helps them decide what to buy.
- 78% finding it useful to view new brand specific content.
- 66% making purchases after seeing a brand through Pinterest.
Pinterest is seeing a revolution in shopping with 33% more influence than Facebook, 71% more than Snapchat, and a whopping 200% more than Twitter.
How do you make purchases or discover new products? How do these stats stack up to you? Give us your thoughts in the comments below.