TikTok isn’t sleeping. We’re only two months into 2022 but the short-form video app is already looking for ways to maximise business engagement and boost its revenue-earning potential.
Now marketers will be able to connect TikTok ads to a native landing page, hosted within the app, that will load quicker than regular mobile pages.
A bit like Instant Articles over on Facebook, the adverts will be built into TikTok – which means users will stay on site when they click through, versus being directed to a third-party website.
TikTok has called this new feature Instant Page.
The low-down on Instant Pages
“Designed to streamline the customer journey, TikTok Instant Page is a lightweight native landing page within the app that loads up to 11 times faster than standard mobile pages.”
Brands can use Instant Page to serve videos and images, carousel adverts or promote call-to-action buttons that take users to specific landing pages – all within the app. TikTok says Instant Pages can be built easily, and are customisable for your brand.
A conversion driver
Instant Page have been designed to help brands drive traffic, increase reach and grow sales. Marketers will be able to customise campaigns based on their objective, and hopefully funnel users towards their product.
Every digital marketer knows that slow loading experiences lead to bored users, high bounce rates and wasted conversion opportunities.
With an 11x faster load speed vs standard mobile pages, Instant Page is designed to help remove those obstacles and improve brands’ return on investment.
The design process looks to be fairly straightforward, too. Marketers can build out a campaign using a drag-and-drop module, while templates and easily customisable elements can help speed up the process.
TikTok also claims that its native optimisation can achieve massive discounts on regular ad spending.
“Optimise towards conversions that occur on your Instant Page, or leverage the TikTok Pixel to enhance delivery optimization on your own site. Drive up to 40% lower cost per action when optimizing towards conversions that occur on your Instant Page.”
One thing to bear in mind is that brands will lose referral traffic to your website, as users will be directed to an internal page.
Easy to use
To set up a TikTok Instate Page, advertisers will need to create an eligible ad on TikTok Ads Manager and then build an Instant Page as the destination for the campaign.
Marketers can pick from a range of templates:
- Customise, which lets brands have the freedom to create the campaign they feel will provide a better experience for an audience.
- Products for sale, which provides details about products and promotions.
- Movie trailer, which provides viewers with a full movie trailer experience, complete with landscape view options. Marketers can use this feature to try and improve brand image.
- Brand story, which allows marketers to share a brand’s story, service and products with customers.
- Introduction and brand pitch, which lets advertisers introduce a brand to a new audience and encourage customers to try something new.
As mentioned, marketers can then add videos, carousels or display elements to adverts – along with any promotions.
Once an Instant Page is created, it can be saved to TikTok’s ad library and used across multiple campaigns.
Haven’t I seen this before?
TikTok isn’t breaking new ground here. Several other platforms offer something similar:
- Facebook already uses something called pre-populated forms within its lead ads product that make it easy for people to submit contact information quickly and easily. Facebook says this leads to a reduction in drop-offs, improves lead quality and can be integrated with your CRM.
- Instagram also uses lead ads – however, not all of the prefilled fields are supported on Instagram, nor does it support store location or appointment request questions. Be mindful that dynamic ads for lead generation aren’t available on Insta either, while lead ads will only appear on the mobile app.
- YouTube has a system called lead forms, which is part of its video action campaign. Lead forms can be used to generate leads, create remarketing lists or drive sales and conversions.
- LinkedIn calls its tool Lead Gen Forms. These are pre-populated forms that seek to increase conversion rates, improve ROI and removed the main barrier to online conversion