CapCut is an extremely popular video editing app that regularly ranks in the top 10 or 20 apps on the iOS App Store. Known for its integration with TikTok (both apps are owned by ByteDance), ease of use and AI effects, the app has now launched CapCut for Business.
As of August 2023, it had been downloaded 490 million times across iOS and Android across 170 countries outside of China. It’s also the most profitable video editing app, earning $50 million during the first six months of 2023.
Data.ai says its AI effects such as templates, filters and generative AI are a big reason for CapCut’s excellent 2023 performance.
What is CapCut for business?
That’s the lowdown on CapCut as a whole – now here’s the skinny on CapCut for business. The new version focuses on tools that’ll help marketers generate ads and branded content and will be available across the CapCut app on desktop, mobile and tablet.
“With intelligent features designed for marketers, CapCut for Business solutions helps streamline the ad and branded content production process — from ideation, to creation and delivery.”
CapCut for Business offers brands of any size enterprise-grade solutions to help create, edit and publish content. The best thing? The basic version can be used to create a ton of content and comes free! CapCut Pro, which unlocks pro features such as removing flickers, provides more effects and includes 100GB of cloud storage, costs $7.99 a month for a recurring subscription, $9.99 for a one-off monthly subscription, $74.99 a month for a recurring yearly subscription and $92.99 for a one-off yearly subscription.
Creating ads for your brand just got easier 🎉 CapCut for Business is here with all the tools you need to take your ads to the next level!
— CapCut (@capcutapp) October 16, 2023
The launch is a strategic one as it allows CapCut to grab another slice of the market. By no longer just focusing on individual creators and users, it’ll appeal to a wider audience and increase its revenue. Its embrace of AI is a plus for marketers, too.
The features CapCut for Business has to offer
CapCut for Business offers six different creative tools.
- Ad Script: An AI-powered script generator that helps marketers develop script ideas based on a product and or a business description.
- Business Templates: Marketers can take advantage of unlimited usage of commercially-licensed business templates that can be used for any ad or branded content.
- Product URL to Ads: A tool that converts the URL of a product or landing page into a video ad using AI.
- AI Characters: AI-Generated presenters that can help bring content to life by carrying out product demonstrations or explainer videos.
- Collaboration: Team members can work together, or agencies can work with clients across the video production process. Invited members can edit, access, review and add notes to videos.
- Virtual Try-Ons: A tool that will be useful to eCommerce businesses and clothes merchants as AI models can virtually try on products and generate photos.
Plenty of potential for brands
There’s a number of benefits that brands can gain by using CatCut for Business. Features such as Ad Script will help marketers to come up with new ideas quicker and more efficiently, while AI Characters can add a ‘human’ face to content that needs it, such as an explainer video.
Pre-built business templates will allow for quicker editing or content development, while cross-platform compatibility will let marketers work across mobile, tablet and desktop which is sure to increase productivity and responsiveness.
Additionally, there’s no need to pay for a big-budget editing service like Premiere Pro. The free version has enough functionality to create most types of videos, while at under $100 per year, the Pro version isn’t going to break the bank either.
While CapCut is built with a TikTok integration, it’s not only for TikTok. Marketers can download or export completed content, which can then be posted on any platform.
With powerful functionality, ease of use and AI-powered features that make content creation easier, Capcut for Business should be something all brands look at for their creation.