Following the success of Snapchat’s Lens Studio, the platform is releasing seven new templates for face lenses.
Face of the future
Snappy developers will now be able to create Face Lenses from the new array of templates.
The templates include:
- Face Paint (allows for creating objects tied to facial features)
- Photo (make changes to profile photos)
- Distort (shrink or stretch facial features)
- Trigger (Developers can choose facial movements to activate the lens, such as raising eyebrows)
- 2D Objects (2D objects can be overlaid on recordings)
- 3D Objects (3D objects can be overlaid on recordings)
- Baseball Cap (Virtual ball cap that can be changed in style and colour)
Giphy joins the party
Snapchat is also integrating with Giphy, unlocking an enormous archive of animated gifs through Lens Studio.
Third-party lenses will also be made available to users through Snapchat’s soon-to-launch Community Lens Story, where each story will include public snap highlights.
Users can unlock theses lenses by either swiping up or tapping the “i” just above the Community Lens carousel. Creators will be given early access, so new lenses may already be on the way.
What are your thoughts on lenses? Are you excited for new facial options? Give us your thoughts in the comment section below.